Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Carbon Based Lifeforms - Interloper [MP3][320]



Interloper

Label: Ultimae Records
Format: CD, Album
Country: France
Released: 2010
Genre: Electronic
Style: Acid, Downtempo, Ambient, Chillout







-
Carbon Based Lifeforms is one of the best ambient music composers I have ever crossed across. It's something studied, known, but in the same time it is natural, it's fucking well done, with nice melodies and frequencies that cross your brain side to side.

My favorite sequence starts with Euphotic. If you get trapped by Euphotic melodies, the album will end very fast. The combo Euphotic - Frog - M is my favorite ambient combo sound ever. This is not my favorite album from Carbon Based Lifeforms but it's certainly a ambient/natural sound masterpiece.

-

I was highly anticipating this release and a little sceptical if the Carbon Based Lifeforms would be able to achieve a high level again such as in "World Of Sleepers".

Trust me, they did.
They announced they experimented a little more with guitars and vocals this time so I was even more worried that they may be losing their style. But it turns out to be at an absolutely minimum scale and fits very very well.
The sounds they arranged this time are mindblowing and for me personally even more sound-of-the-universe-level.
I have listened to it as much as I could since the release and I am always discovering more electronic details. If I had to pick a favourite track (which will probably change from time to time),
right now it would be "Supersede". You may be reminded of "Epicentre" when listening to it but they gave it such a unique touch which makes it an absolutely epic arrangement.

The overall feeling is very intense yet peaceful. They put so much love in this album, it is worth every cent!

For me it is the release of 2010 so far.

Review by SpaceAgeHero [http://www.discogs.com/user/SpaceAgeHero]


Password is fixed!
Password: nature

3 comments:

  1. this isn't working:

    Password: seekknowledge

    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. a senha não funciona
    the password does not work
    das Passwort funktioniert nicht
    la password non funziona
    la contraseña no funciona
    ní fholuíonn an focal faire ag obair

    ReplyDelete

Go on! Share you toughs!