Friday, October 07, 2011

Boards of Canada – A Few Old Tunes Vol.1 [Cassete][MP3][160][Very Rare]

A Few Old Tunes Vol. 1
Label: Music70
Format: Cassette
Country: UK
Released: ?
Genre: Electronic
Style: IDM, Downtempo







Ok, I'm jealous of sharing this with you. This is a ultra rare release that I can't even remember where I got it. It's the real cassete rip of a unreleased album. Still, it's one of my favorite albums ever. It has public-exclusive tracks like Spectrum and P.C.. The album ambient is dark, low ending music with lots of dark textures and black-and-white feeling, low-frequency background and a nice Boards of Canada feeling.
It also includes some remixes like Trapped, originally by Colonel Abrams in mid 80s.
In any way, a incredible and rare piece of sound. I can recommend the tracks:

  • I Love U
  • Original Nlogax
  • 5-9-78
For 5-9-78, I ask you: please listen to this track cerefully. I dare you'll be the same person again.

Hope you enjoy it.

-
A Few Old Tunes seems to be sourced from a cassette tape containing a (presumably) hand-selected set of pre-BoC Maxima (you find try it here) tracks. The leaking of these tracks to p2p networks (Soulseek, originally) provided much drama on WATMM.

Commonly referred to as A Few Old Tunes, due to its label; however, according the Twoism forum user dealer, who posted new photos of the cassette and liner notes, it is also the true Old Tunes Vol. 1 (and not the tape previously assumed to be OTV1). But, on the other hand, the WATMM forum user phaelam posted new scans from a different angle which depict A Few Old Tunes as the cover and the cassette label.

Password: love

2 comments:

  1. Thank you very much for all the music you post, but I think this one might be broken. It might be something on my end, but all the other ones work in the same way. Thanks again for all of the posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Books By Blair. I tested and it's working fine here. Can you try again, please?

    ReplyDelete

Go on! Share you toughs!